Article by KL Lim.
At the next virtual GPU Technology Conference (GTC) from September 19 to 22, NVIDIA Founder and CEO Jensen Huang will announce AI and metaverse technologies in a news-packed keynote.
His keynote will be livestreamed on September 21 at 1 am (Sydney time) and available on demand later. Registration is not required to view the keynote.
AI is transforming industries globally. It is being used to solve some of today’s most challenging problems, including climate related ones such as floods and wildfires experienced in Australia.
A fireside chat with The Godfathers of AI and Turing Award winners Yoshua Bengio, Geoff Hinton and Yann LeCun will discuss how AI will evolve and help solve such challenging problems. Moderating the discussion will be Sanja Fidler, Vice President of AI Research at NVIDIA.
More than 200 talks
The conference will feature more than 200 sessions with global business and technology leaders. Registration is free and open now.
The talks will explore key advances driving AI and the metaverse, including large language models, natural language processing, digital twins, digital biology, robotics, and climate science.
These talks by industry leaders include:
- United Nations and NVIDIA scientists discussing AI for climate modelling, including disaster prediction, deforestation and agriculture
- BMW, ILM, Kroger, Lowe’s, Siemens, NVIDIA, and others on using digital twins for a range of applications, from manufacturing to neurosurgery to climate modeling
- Medtronic’s use of AI for robotic surgery and the operating room of the future
- Deutsche Bank’s adoption of AI and cloud technologies to improve the customer experience
- How pharmaceutical companies can use transformer AI models and digital twins to accelerate drug discovery
- Amazon Web Services, Ericsson, Verizon and NVIDIA leaders describing augmented and virtual reality applications for 5G, and optimizing 5G deployment with digital twins
- Adobe, Pixar and NVIDIA leaders explaining how Universal Scene Description is becoming a standard for the metaverse
A wide range of sessions is tailored for different audiences – business executives, data scientists, enterprise IT leaders, designers, developers, researchers, and students.
For developers and researchers
GTC provides participants at all stages of their careers with outstanding learning and development opportunities, many of which are free. Developers, researchers and students can sign up for 135 sessions on a broad range of topics, such as 5 Paths to a Career in AI; The AI Journey From Academics to Entrepreneurship; and Applying Lessons From Kaggle-Winning Solutions to Real-World Problems.
Attendees can upgrade their skills by signing up for hands-on, full-day technical workshops and two-hour training labs offered by the NVIDIA Deep Learning Institute (DLI). Twenty workshops are available in multiple time zones and languages, and more than 25 free training labs are available in accelerated computing, computer vision, data science, conversational AI, natural language processing, and other topics.
Registrants may attend free two-hour training labs, or sign up for full-day DLI workshops at a discounted rate of US$99 through August 29 and US$149 thereafter to GTC.
For business leaders
Business leaders can glean from more than 30 sessions from some of the world’s leading companies in key industry sectors, including financial services, industrial, retail, automotive, and healthcare.
Speakers will share detailed insights to advance business using AI and metaverse technology, including: building AI centers, the business value of digital twins, and new technologies that will define how we live, work and play.
Among the presenters are senior executives from AT&T, BMW, Fox Sports, Lucid Motors, Medtronic, Meta, Microsoft, NIO, Pinterest, Polestar, United Airlines, and US Bank.
NVIDIA Inception, a global program with more than 11,000 startups, will host several sessions, including:
- AI for VCs: Six startup leaders describe how they are driving advancements from robotics to restaurants
- How NVIDIA Inception startups are advancing healthcare and life sciences
- How NVIDIA technologies can help startups
- Revolutionizing agriculture with AI in emerging markets
GTC has lots in store for everyone. Register for free now.