NBSD’s Morale Welfare and Recreation (MWR) and the Navy Exchange sponsored the entertainment, which includes a concert with Kristian Bush, Cassadee Pope and The Destroyers, courtesy of Navy Band Southwest, a car show, food trucks and rides. MWR partnered with sponsor Verkada, a leader in cloud-based enterprise building security and management, to make this event a reality.
MWR will also be hosting multiple events throughout the week to include a 5K the morning of the main event. A complete list of events can be found on the Navy Life Southwest Centennial website.
Access to the event site begins at 9:30am via Gate 9 located at the intersection of Harbor Dr. and 8th St. in National City. Once we reach capacity, we will limit the number of incoming guests until the gate closes at 1:30pm. No other gates will be open to the public. Expect increased traffic along Harbor Dr., and local streets between Harbor Dr. and Interstate 5 from 7am to 3pm.
The following ship classes will be available for tours; an amphibious assault ship (LHD/LHA), an amphibious transport dock (LPD), two destroyers (DDG/DDG 1000) and a littoral combat ship (LCS). Please be aware that ships cannot accommodate persons with disabilities and there are no COVID-19 mitigations in place on the base or the ships. Water and bathrooms are available before guests enter the ship tour area but not inside the fenced enclave where the ships are moored.
Ship tour do’s and don’ts;
• Do bring a valid state/federal ID if you are 18 and older
• Do cooperate with security (think entrance procedures for an amusement park or concert)
• Do wear comfortable clothing, not loose fitting
• Do wear closed toed shoes without heals
• Do prepare to wait for an hour or more to tour a ship
• Do listen closely to the tour guides on the pier and ship
• Don’t bring children under the age of 6 or who cannot walk on their own
• Don’t bring prohibited items (see list below)
• Don’t wonder around inside the enclave where the ships are
• Don’t let kids wonder unsupervised
• Large Ice Chests and Coolers
• Pets of any kind
• Glass Containers
• All weapons (regardless of permit), firearms, knives, replica or toy weapons, clubs, stun guns, or anything that ejects a projectile
• Mace, Pepper Spray, spray cans or other defensive spray or chemicals
• Fireworks or Explosives of any kind
• Flammable Liquids
• Marijuana/illegal drugs and/or paraphernalia
• Gang related clothing/accessories
• Laser Pointers
• Drones/Unmanned Aerial Systems (UAS)
• Pop-Up Tents
• Large backpacks or other large bags, oversized camera bags, or large purses larger than 7 inches by 10 inches. **Special consideration will be given to diaper bags, strollers etc. that will accompany small children)**
*** The Department of the Navy does not endorse any non-federal entity, company or sponsor, including their products or services. ***